Thursday, February 15, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith's Death

Anyone who's got a television or radio can attest to the virtual non-stop coverage of the death of our beloved wannabe starlet, Anna Nicole Smith. Now don't get me wrong, I feel for the tragedy that has befallen her, her son, and her young motherless daughter. The whole story is sad. However, does it warrant the attention it has gotten and continues to get? Aren't there more important things to cover that are newsworthy?

"Leave it to a crotchety old man on CNN to sum up how 95% of American news reporters felt last week. There's about 353 more important stories yet most channels had round the clock coverage on Anna Nicole Smith's death. I guess I can understand CNN and MSNBC, but when the Weather Channel had a roundtable discussion, that went going overboard." (Celebslam - http://www.celebslam.com/jack-cafferty-is-a-dick )

Nah, I don't think there's enough coverage. More Anna Nicole!

No comments: